At least 50 people, including women and children, fell ill after consuming food served at a banquet in a village in Madhya Pradesh’s Gwalior district. An official gave this information on Sunday.
The condition of five of them is critical and they have been shifted to Gajra Raja Medical College (GRMC) and Hospital here after initial treatment at Morar Hospital in Gwalior district, he said.
The incident is of Damora village on Saturday evening.
Morar Hospital in-charge Dr Alok Purohit said, “They fell ill due to food poisoning. Five of them are critical and have been referred to GRMC. Doctors and paramedical staff were also sent to the village along with an ambulance.”