Top-Stories

Couple dies after fire breaks out in rented flat in Chennai

The incident took place in Chennai’s Anaiyur area. (representative image)

Madurai (Chennai):

A couple from Chennai’s Madurai died on Friday after a fire broke out in the AC unit of their rented accommodation.

The couple, identified as Sathikannan and Subha, were living in a rented house in Anayur area of ​​Madurai.

According to the fire and rescue department, the couple was sleeping when thick smoke from the AC unit engulfed the room, soon after which the fire engulfed the room.

“The fire and rescue personnel put out the fire and found the couple burnt to death inside the room,” he said.

The department has taken the bodies in possession and sent them for post-mortem.

Back to top button