India

Cruise drugs case witness Prabhakar Cell given police protection: Maharashtra Home Minister

By PTI

MUMBAI: Maharashtra Home Minister Dilip Walse Patil on Monday said that police protection has been given to Prabhakar Cell, an independent witness in the drug-on-cruise case who has claimed that 25 persons were arrested for leaving Bollywood by an NCB official and other persons. There was a demand of Rs. In this case Aryan Khan is the son of superstar Shahrukh Khan.

SAIL visits Mumbai Police Commissioner’s office An official said that in the morning and met Joint Commissioner of Police (Crime) Milind Bharambhe.

Officials said he later approached the Sahar police in suburban Mumbai, seeking protection whenever he comes to visit his wife, children and mother-in-law, who lives in Sahar village here.

Walse Patil, while talking to reporters in Mumbai, said, “Prabhakar cell has been given police protection. However, as I have not met (minister and party colleague) Nawab Malik yet, I cannot comment on what would happen. He had indicated earlier.”

Read also: Court refuses to pass comprehensive order on Wankhede’s plea on witness ‘extortion’ affidavit

Malik had earlier in the day claimed that Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) regional director Sameer Wankhede used forged documents, including his birth certificate.

“Furjiwada of Sameer Dawood Wankhede started from here. (Forgery of documents of Sameer Dawood Wankhede started from here),” Malik tweeted a picture of the purported certificate.

Wankhede, a 2008 batch IRS officer, reprimanded the minister, saying his action was defamatory in nature and an invasion of his family’s privacy.

Replying to a question about the meeting, Walse Patil said, “I had a brief discussion with Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray about this issue (alleged forgery in documents by Wankhede). I am meeting here related to another topic. Came to join.”

Replying to another question, the Home Minister said, “For the first time in history, central agencies have been so active. I have never seen such activism by one government against another in my career.”

Read also: NCB’s Wankhede pulls up minister Nawab Malik over fake birth certificate claims

On Sunday, SAIL told media persons that they feared for their lives.

The witness had claimed that a Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) official and absconding witness KP Gosavi, among others, had demanded Rs 25 crore to release Aryan Khan in the cruise drugs case.

SAIL had said that it had heard Gosavi telling Sam D’Souza over phone when Aryan Khan was brought to the NCB office after the October 3 raid on the cruise ship, demanding Rs 25 crore and “18 The settlement was done at Rs.Cr. He will have to pay Rs.8 crore to Samir Wankhede, the zonal director of NCB.

However, a senior NCB official denied the allegations, terming them “completely false and malicious”.

Wankhede on Sunday wrote to Mumbai Police Commissioner Hemant Nagrale seeking protection from possible legal action against him by unidentified persons “planned” for falsely implicating him in connection with an alleged vigilance issue.

Back to top button