New Delhi: The Delhi government on Wednesday (September 15) decided not to reopen schools for classes 1 to 8 till September 30 amid the fear of a third coronavirus wave.
Earlier, the Delhi government had allowed the resumption of physical classes for students of classes 9 to 12 with 50% capacity from September 1, following strict coronavirus protocols.
Delhi closed schools in March 2020 after the first coronavirus wave hit India. Schools for classes 9 to 11 in Delhi were briefly reopened on February 5, 2021, however were closed again on April 9 in view of the deadly second COVID-19 wave.
The Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) also released the list of permitted activities from the midnight of 15-16 September to the midnight of 30 September-1 October.
DDMA has allowed exhibitions like trade fairs from Thursday. There will be a ban on social, religious, political and cultural gatherings. The places of worship are open, however, devotees and visitors cannot enter.
The Delhi government released the list of permitted activities from the midnight of 15-16 September to the midnight of 30 September-1 October.
Schools/institutions will remain closed for students up to class VIII. School/college allowed for class 9th students with 50% class capacity. pic.twitter.com/KcNAgNZm2z
— ANI (@ANI) September 15, 2021
Meanwhile, Delhi Govt. Storage, sale and use of firecrackers banned during Diwali Again this year citing pollution levels in the national capital. Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said, “Like last year, this year also there will be a complete ban on storage, sale and bursting of all types of firecrackers during Diwali in view of the pollution situation in Delhi.” tweeted.
He said, “Last year, the ban was imposed after traders had already stocked firecrackers for sale, which resulted in loss to them. I appeal to the traders not to stock firecrackers in view of the complete ban.
(with agency input)