Food plays an important role in health. a balanced diet It can help one feel energized throughout the day and also balance the mood, says Jyoti Bhatt, a dietitian at Jaslok Hospital and Research Center.
“Foods play a major role in this” balancing our different moods – either happy, sad, angry, sad, or worried. Researchers have studied certain foods and nutrients that may be associated with brain health,” she adds.
As such, she lists certain foods and nutrients that play a role in enhancing mood.
1. Dark Chocolate: Cocoa is rich in tryptophan which is used by our brains to produce serotonin, a neurotransmitter. Serotonin is a major hormone that helps stabilize our mood.
2. green tea: Known to help with weight loss and reduce inflammation, green tea also contains antioxidants such as catechins (EGCG), which help promote brain function. It also helps a person feel alert – thanks to its caffeine content – along with improving memory.
3. Capsicum: Rich in vitamins A and B6, it is an essential nutrient for brain development and function, and also helps the body make the hormones serotonin and norepinephrine (influencing mood).
4. omega-3 rich foods: Omega-3s help control heart disease, aid in weight loss, and also have antioxidant properties. It is also known to reduce depression and other mental and behavioral conditions. Salmon, flaxseeds, chia seeds, nuts are some well-known sources.
5. Fermented Foods: Fermented foods are important maintain gut health Because they are rich in probiotic bacteria. Foods like kimchi, buttermilk, sauerkraut, miso, tempeh, pickled vegetables, kefir, yogurt are rich sources of probiotics. These foods are important for improving mood as serotonin (happy hormone) is produced in the gut.
6. Nuts: Nuts are the richest source of many vitamins, minerals, magnesium and also have antioxidant properties. they are equally important To boost our mood. Low levels of magnesium may increase the risk of depression.
7. Green Leafy Vegetables: Spinach and fenugreek contain the B-vitamin folate, a deficiency of which can interfere with the metabolism of serotonin, dopamine and noradrenaline (a neurotransmitter important for mood). More study is needed to understand the exact role of folate in mental health.
8. caffeine: Caffeine helps improve performance and mood by triggering the release of dopamine, a brain chemical. Caffeine may act differently for each person. coffee Makes you irritable, depressed, sleepless, or brings other adverse effects, avoid drinking it. Have caffeine-free beverages or choose low-caffeine drinks such as black tea or green tea.