International

East Ladakh standoff: India, China to hold another round of high-level military talks today

New Delhi: Sources said that India and China will hold another round of high-level military talks on Sunday (October 10, 2021) with the aim of getting some progress in the disengagement process in the remaining friction points in eastern Ladakh. The 13th round of talks between the two countries since violent clashes last year will begin at around 10:30 am at the Moldo border point on the Chinese side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC).

NS The last meeting of the top commanders of the Indian and Chinese military was in July. Towards India at the Chushul-Moldo border meeting point. The talks reportedly lasted around nine hours, during which both sides agreed to expeditiously resolve the remaining issues in accordance with existing agreements and protocols, and to maintain the pace of talks and negotiations.

“The two sides had a frank and in-depth exchange of views on the resolution of the remaining areas related to the disintegration along the Line of Actual Control in the western sector of the India-China border areas. Both sides noted that this round of the meeting was constructive. , Which further enhanced mutual understanding. Both sides also agreed that in the interim they will continue their effective efforts to ensure stability along the LAC in the western region and jointly maintain peace and tranquility,” the Ministry of External Affairs said in a statement. Said in the statement.

The 13th round of talks is taking place in the backdrop of two recent incidents of infiltration attempts by soldiers of the People’s Liberation Army (PLA) of China. Another one in Tawang sector of Arunachal Pradesh. Indian and Chinese army personnel reportedly had a brief face-off near the Yangtze in Arunachal Pradesh’s Tawang sector last week and it was resolved within hours after talks between commanders of both sides as per established protocol.

in August, About 100 jawans of PLA jawans He had allegedly violated the LAC in Barhoti sector and returned from the area after spending a few hours.

Earlier on October 2, Army Chief General Manoj Mukund Naravane had said that the increase in the army Deployment of Chinese troops across the border is a matter of concern. However, he added that India has made equal deployment in terms of troops and infrastructure in its areas along the LAC and there is no way anyone can behave aggressively again.

It is to be noted that the border standoff between the Indian and Chinese armies took place after violent clashes in the Pangong Lake areas last year. Both sides then gradually increased their deployment with thousands of soldiers as well as heavy weapons.

Later, resulted in a series of military and diplomatic negotiationsIn February this year, both sides completed the withdrawal of troops and weapons from the northern and southern banks of Pangong Lake, in line with an agreement on secession.

(with agency input)

By Naveen Bharat Staff

 

Back to top button