IPL 2021: KL Rahul ended his IPL 2021 campaign with 626 runs in 13 matches.© BCCI/IPL
league stage Indian Premier League (IPL) 2021 ended on Friday. Four teams, Delhi Capitals (DC), Chennai Super Kings (CSK)handjob Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) And Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) have cemented their place in the playoffs and will fight for a place in the finals. The conditions in the UAE tested batsmen to their limits, but it also brought out the best in them when their teams needed it the most. Hot and humid weather as well as slow and dry pitches made it difficult for the batsmen to advance, but with proper application, scoring runs gradually became easier.
Here’s a look at the top 5 run-scorers so far in the league stage of IPL 2021:
1. KL Rahul:Rahul showed batting masterclass on slow pitches in UAE. He made the batting very easy and at times scored runs carelessly while other teammates sweated in the middle. Rahul finished the season with 626 runs in 13 matches and is currently at the top of the pile.
2. Faf du Plessis:Du Plessis has so far scored 546 runs in 14 matches at an average of 45.50 with five fifties. His restraint and execution in the early stages of the game helped him score a ton of runs later in the innings.
3. Shikhar Dhawan: Dhawan’s consistency is one of the reasons why he is in the top five list of run-scorers this season so far. The veteran opener has given DC an incredible start and has so far scored 544 runs in 14 matches at a strike-rate of 128.
4. Rituraj Gaikwad: Gaikwad, along with du Plessis, has been a pillar for CSK throughout the season. Gaikwad’s maturity has surprised everyone and he has scored 533 runs in 14 matches so far.
5. Glenn Maxwell: Maxwell has slowly gotten into his groove as the IPL has progressed. Batting alongside the likes of Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers, Maxwell still remains in the limelight, scoring 498 runs in 14 matches at a strike-rate of 147.33.
Topics mentioned in this article