Naveen Bharat Editorial
MUMBAI: NCP chief spokesperson and minister Nawab Malik on Saturday alleged that former Mumbai BJP youth wing president Mohit Kumbhoj alias Indian brother-in-law Rishabh Sachdeva and two others were released by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) after their arrest. Gave. Detention in cruise rave party case
Malik said he would write to Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray demanding a high-level inquiry from the Mumbai Police as to how these people were detained and later released.
“NCB Director Samir Wankhede, in his media statement on October 3, said that 8 to 10 people were detained, but he arrested only eight. Although 11 people were taken into custody as per official records, three of them – Rishabh Sachdeva, Prateek Ganbhana and Amir Furniturewalla – were freed after phone calls from Mumbai and Delhi. We want to know who called Sameer Wankhede to release these three men. Their phone records should be checked,” demanded Malik.
He said that the police should check the CCTV footage of the cruise and its associated areas along with the phone calls of these three people and NCB director Sameer Wankhede.
“Rishabh Sachdeva’s family members were also seen at the NCB office. How was he allowed to enter the NCB office? This shows that this is a fabricated case to implicate Aryan Khan to target Shah Rukh Khan,” alleged Malik.
He claimed that those who had been let off invited Aryan Khan to implicate him in the cruise party. “Hence, all these people were released after Aryan Khan’s arrest. Moreover, KS Gosavi, a witness in the case, had given his address in two panchanamas for Aryan Khan and Arbaaz Merchant. Gosavi has been declared wanted by four police stations in Maharashtra for duping people in return for jobs. How can NCB use such a fraud and a fraudster as a witness,” Malik asked.
Leader of the Opposition, State Legislative Council and BJP MLC Praveen Darekar said that Nawab Malik’s son-in-law was arrested by the NCB in a drug case and hence he was deliberately targeting the NCB officials. “Instead of making a statement in the media, Nawab Malik should hand over the details of the case to the NCB for further investigation,” Darekar said.