Prime Minister Narendra Modi addresses the nation from the grand Red Fort in New Delhi on the eve of India’s 75th Independence Day.
India is marking the occasion as “Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav” under which several programs have been organized across the country.
Earlier in the morning, PM Modi congratulated the people on Independence Day and expressed hope that the year of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ will infuse new energy in the country.
“Greetings to all of you on Independence Day. May this year ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ infuse new energy and new consciousness among the countrymen. Jai Hind!” PM Modi tweeted.
This is PM Modi’s eighth consecutive Independence Day speech from the ramparts of the Red Fort. And this is the second year in a row that the historic day will be celebrated in the shadow of the coronavirus pandemic.
Security has been tightened in the national capital and counter drone technology has been deployed in sensitive areas to thwart any attempt to disrupt peace and harmony.
On Saturday, President Ram Nath Kovind addressed the nation on the eve of Independence Day and expressed grief over the deaths in the second wave of the coronavirus pandemic.
Here are the highlights of PM Modi’s address from Red Fort on 75th Independence Day:
- Happy Independence Day to all of you my countrymen
- The athletes who made us proud at the Tokyo Olympics are here with us today. I urge the nation to appreciate his achievement today. He has not only won our hearts but also inspired generations to come.
- During COVID-19, our doctors, nurses, paramedical staff, sanitation workers, scientists who were developing vaccines and crores of citizens were working with a spirit of service…all those who have served others during this period. Dedicated to every moment, we deserve appreciation
- It is worth mentioning that India is not dependent on any country for the COVID-19 vaccine. Thanks to our scientists and industrialists
- Yesterday the country took an emotional decision. From now on August 14 will be celebrated as Partition Horror Memorial Day.
- We can proudly say that today the largest COVID-19 vaccination program is being run in India.
- In the last 7 years, crores of poor have got the benefit of many government schemes. From Ujjwala scheme to Ayushman Bharat etc. the needy have benefited.
- We have progressed at a faster pace than before. Now, we need to reach a saturation point
- We aim to ensure that all our villages are well connected through roads, every family has a bank account, every Indian has an Ayushman Bharat card and all the beneficiaries of the Ujjwala scheme get a gas connection.
- ‘Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas and Sabka Prayas’ is very important for the achievement of all our goals.
- The country is working on ‘Har Ghar Jal’ mission
- In just 2 years more than 4.5 crore families have started getting piped water
- Never in the history of India would anyone have thought of roadside vendors
- We are connecting them to banking services through Swanidhi Yojana and helping them with loans
- The time has come for India’s development journey. We have to create new thresholds, new dreams and new aspirations. We have to make the next 25 years great
- We have to bridge the gap between life in villages and cities
‘Amrit Kaal’ will last for 25 years. However, we should not wait for 25 years to achieve our goals.
We must get to work now! The nation needs to change and we also need to change as citizens according to the changing times.
To take it to new heights, it is necessary to make full use of India’s capabilities. For this, the classes which are lagging behind, the areas which are lagging, will have to hold their hand.
Development should be inclusive. The northeastern region, the Himalayan region including Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, the coastal region and the tribal region will form the foundation of India’s development in the future.
The capitals of northeastern states will soon be connected by railways
On one hand, modern infrastructure is being created in Ladakh, while on the other hand Indus Central University will make Ladakh a center of higher education.
Delimitation Commission has been constituted in Jammu and Kashmir and preparations are being made for future assembly elections.
We have tried our best to ensure development in our villages. After roads and electricity, villages are now getting internet
The time has come to use scientific knowledge in agriculture. This will help us to boost agricultural produce
In the coming years, we have to increase the collective power of the small farmers of the country. We have to give them new facilities. they should be the pride of the country
Under the Jan Aushadhi Yojana, the poor and needy are getting cheap medicines.
So far more than 75,000 health and wellness centers have been set up. We are now working on a network of modern laboratories and good hospitals at the block level