With the gradual easing of lockdown restrictions and normalcy returning, people have started of travel. While holidays are essential to give your mind and body a rest, they also disrupt your normal healthy schedule as one focuses on unhealthy foods and compromises on a healthy lifestyle during the holidays.
In such a situation, it becomes difficult to return to the regular schedule later. “The Holidays Can Be Really Tough For Us” wellness program. We end up complaining that travel has disrupted our lives and made us lazy. On top of this, it takes several days to adapt to a healthy routine that was followed earlier,” said an ayurvedic doctor, Dr Nitika Kohli said.
He shares further, easy-to-follow steps that will help you “reset your body’s healthy schedule after vacation.” Just have a look.
Follow these simple tips to reset your body after vacation, as shared by Dr.
- Instead of grabbing your phone as soon as you wake up, try to detoxify yourself.
- Meditate for at least 30 minutes in the morning after the holiday. Meditating in the morning gives your mind some space and rest to be ready for future adventures.
- Make a new timetable and gradually start putting workload on yourself. Instead of jumping straight to all the pending tasks, start by planning to get all the tasks done on a priority basis.
- Drink warm lemon water in your morning ritual. Break the long sleep pattern in the morning and try to wake up with determination.
- Balance your diet and eat light meals. Try to eat foods that are easy to digest and low in fat.