Fitness is all about consistent practice and patience. And if you are a yoga enthusiast and want to increase your fitness level, Sirsasana Or headstand is something you can try. Thus, giving us some much-needed fitness inspiration this week is actress and yoga fan Shilpa Shetty.
Shilpa, who is known to practice yoga every day, said how the king of poses helps to give a “better perspective” when things seem fuzzy.
“Sometimes, one has to turn things on its head to get a better perspective. Sirsasana helps me do this! It is also the king of rugs. It helps clear my mind, aligns myself; and helps strengthen core, shoulders and arms,” she captioned the post on Instagram.
According to Hungama 2 Actors, the mudra when performed correctly, can help relieve stress. “Thereby increasing the quality and health of the hair. The asana also improves blood circulation and concentration. I have achieved this through consistent practice.”
For those attempting it for the first time, it is recommended to practice under guidance to avoid injuries. “You can also start by practicing against the wall,” Shilpa said.
how to do sirsasana
Find a spot along a wall. You will also need a yoga mat and a blanket. Celebrity nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar noted:
*If you are wearing glasses, rings, bangles or a watch, remove them before starting the asana. Keep them off the mat so that you don’t fall on any of them if you lose balance.
*Take one side of the mat and fold it over to the other side. Repeat this to make the second fold. Place the folded mat against the wall.
* If you do not have a yoga mat, use a blanket.
Sit in the position of Vajrasana (kneel down and sit on your feet). Extend your knees slightly and place your elbows firmly on the mat or blanket parallel to your shoulders, keeping your arms outstretched.
* Interlock the fingers. Place the crown of your head on the mat or blanket, supporting it with interconnected fingers.
* Slowly lift your knees and shoulder blades off the floor.
* In this position, bring your feet near your face in such a way that your head and back are in a straight line and your thighs are in front of your stomach.
* Raise one leg up, then the other. Slowly try to lift both the legs simultaneously. If you are unable to do this, use the wall for support by lifting your legs and placing them against it.
*When you learn to lift the legs without support, raise them above your head and spread them.
* Use the support of the wall to bring your feet down.
some tips that help
* Push your shoulders away from your ears.
* Keep your arms shoulder-width apart.
* Attach your original.