This weekend quiz is on the catches taken in the recent IPL. It’s 5 star catchers, and there are 5 clues for each of them.
1. All red on the field; Our man, the always-ready red smudge for a long time.
2. Easily the best Indian fielder in this edition, though a certain Sir CSK can also claim the tag and name.
3. Shami’s full-toss is smacked back at long-off, but the batsman is denied 4 in a row as the ace catcher runs right and takes a diagonal dive to complete his second stunner of the season. Taking off with one hand high in the air is their version of the mic drop celebration.
4. Quite leggy when he is not flying in the field. As a teenager, cycled 20 km to the academy. Started in Jodhpur, the juniors have a 4-wicket-hall against Japan.
5. They say that Sunil Narayan caught the catch while running 30 meters on the second night, one was blind. We give a high status to Harshal.
Clues 1. The 38-year-old creaky bowler bowled the ball at a slow pace of 109 kmph. What’s new, you ask? The creaking terminator ends the batter’s pause.
Clues 2. One or two gimmick catches here on the return
Clues 3. Jersey number 54 to jersey number 20. Was destroyed back to 54 because 20 has to go home.
clue 4. Batter angrily throws the bat. chooses it. Keeps going home.
Clues 5. 107/3. The partnership needs to be broken.
Clues 1. The stadium is shining ‘Classy Rahul’. Although not for him, but for the opponent batsman.
Clues 2. Rope-a-dope trick on the boundary. Ball running out, he steps out a wee, dodges ball inside with left hand, jumps back to right for a clever catch, saves 6.
Clues 3. The franchise came to the fore in cricket with 6 runs in the last over of the previous season.
clue 4. The team is not in good health but they are enthusiastic, along with their teammates Jaiswal and Sakaria, flying fielders and diving dodgers.
Clues 5. You must have heard his name. Not him, Punjab Kings or KKR, or SRK in the film though.
Clues 1. Jersey No. 25, was batting in the worst form this season. Then there was the catcher.
Clues 2. Our catcher runs back and travels on the advertising carpet under the skier, but the ball is securely in his hands during the hobby tumble.
Clues 3. Mr Perfect. and able.
clue 4. The bowler was in the role of holder.
Clues 5. The celebratory dance with teammate Jason Roy isn’t species-tagged yet. There may be duck dance, or penguin dance or fluttering of a slo-mo octopus in the aquarium. But there was dance.
Clues 1. Just like that, he was wearing a floppy hat, which was catching in the sun.
Clues 2. Ran from the outfield, and sticks his left hand forward.
Clues 3. Jersey No 37 top-edge. Jersey no. 95 caught.
clue 4. Chris Jordan was disappointed and grateful for his first wicket.
Clues 5. It’s not too bad to grope Kohli, AB, Maxwell while bowling. But thumping a high-flyer catch for the team forces us to say bravo!
Send reply by Sunday night. Results on Monday morning at 9 am.
Spelling errors will be noted.